There are 5 types of yield offered within the Kinesis system:
- Minter's Yield
- Holder's Yield
- Referrer's Yield
- Velocity Yield
- KVT Yield
These are all drawn from the master fee pool, which is an accumulation of all the fees in the Kinesis network.
How does it work?
When a transaction is made across the Kinesis network a fee is taken. This fee is divided up into various fee-sharing yields and distributed back to the system users, every month:
- Minters who create Kinesis currencies earn a yield on the KAU and KAG they create.
- Holders of Kinesis currencies earn a monthly yield for simply holding.
- Individuals who refer new users to Kinesis receive a return on their transactions.
- Individuals who trade or spend using a card, earn a yield on their transactions.
- KVT holders also receive a share of the overall transaction fees.
The innovative Kinesis Yield System has been developed to reward active and passive users of the Kinesis Monetary System. It is the Kinesis fee-sharing yield system in its entirety that defeats Gresham's law; a fundamental law of money that previously restricted the use of gold and silver to be used as a mainstream currency.
All on-chain transactions have execution fees associated with them that are added to the fee pool, which we refer to as the Master Fee Pool. In addition, trade execution fees from the Kinesis Exchange will be added to the Master Fee Pool.
These fees are in turn paid out proportionately depending on your applicable yields. You can learn more about yields in this video, from our Learn & Earn series.
To learn more about yields, and how to qualify for these, please click here.