EPD is the process of converting your physical gold or silver bullion into Kinesis KAU or KAG, through the process of digitalisation. That way, you can store 1:1 allocated precious metals in our vaults, free of charge, while allowing you to spend, send and transact your gold and silver as money.
If you have eligible existing bullion holdings at an ABX approved location (subject to conditions within the ABX Quality Assurance Framework), you can exchange that physical metal for Kinesis gold and silver-based digital currencies.
Exchange Physical for Digital (EPD) step-by-step guide:
- Open a Kinesis Mint account.
- Complete the EPD form located in the Kinesis Mint platform.
- The EPD team will contact the Minter via email to confirm details of the EPD and may request additional supporting documentation/information.
- On confirmation via reply email from the Minter, the EPD team will begin the metal deposit and currency emission process. If supporting documentation/information was requested, this will need to be reviewed and approved prior to progressing.
- Currency emission occurs only once the physical bullion has been received by Kinesis.