In the case of a lost device containing your 2FA, please follow these three steps below to reset your 2FA:
- You must contact email@example.com The subject must contain your full Account Name along with the phrase "2FA Reset". Example: John Smith 2FA Reset.
- The email must be sent from the email address verified and attached to your Kinesis account. We will not accept or reply to requests to reset 2FA from email addresses unrelated to the account the action is being requested on.
2. You must attach the following documents to the email:
- A selfie picture of you holding a piece of paper with the words “Kinesis 2FA Reset” and today's date and your Kinesis email address (the email address used to log in to your account) handwritten on it. Each account owner / corporate director must supply an individual selfie picture.
- A scanned image of government-issued photo ID for each account owner / corporate director.
3. On receipt of the email and documents, the Kinesis compliance team will review. If you pass the identity check, the Kinesis team will advise you that we will be resetting your 2FA in 7 days.
- This is an additional security measure and we cannot expedite this process. If further documentation is required to verify your identity, the Kinesis team will be in touch with the specific requirements.
If you would like to expedite the process, please contact your account executive for more information.
After 7 days, you will be alerted via your verified linked email that your 2FA has been reset and you will be able to set up your 2FA again.