Firstly, you need to buy wholesale units of KAU or KAG (1 unit is 100 KAU or 200 KAG) from the Kinesis Mint (in the process of creating Kinesis silver and gold currencies, i.e. minting), either using fiat or through the EPD process (as described in our Minting Guide).
To convert this into an activated yield entitlement you need to meet the Minter’s Yield specific conditions, by either:
- Selling your minted KAG or KAU on the Exchange
- Spending your minted KAG or KAU or using the physical or virtual Kinesis Card
- Sending your minted KAG or KAU to an unrelated and verified account or wallet
Up until the point that they are sold/spent/sent any minted coins will be eligible for the Holder's Yield.
There is no time limit on when you have to spend, send or sell coins to activate the yield.
The activated yield entitlement is based on the net amount of KAU or KAG sold/spent/sent (including the execution fee).
- If 100 KAU was minted and then sent (0.45% fee) to another eligible address, the Minter's Yield qualifying amount is 100 KAU, with the net amount being 99.55 KAU after fees.
- If 100 KAU was minted and then sold (0.22% fee), the Minter's Yield qualifying amount is 100 KAU, with the net amount being 99.78 KAU after fees.
- If 100 KAU was minted and only 50 KAU sent (0.45% fee) to another eligible address, their Minter's Yield qualifying amount is 50 KAU, and the net amount is 49.55 KAU after fees.
Please note that you will receive your Minter’s Yield in the same currency you have minted, which means that e.g. if you minted KAU, you would be eligible to receive your Minter’s Yield in KAU.